The WFDF Warm up Weekend sparked enough interest that we have decided to run another event in September. This one will focus more on DDC, with a side of field events and freestyle. We will run this as an overall event with an overall winner.
Friday 4pm – ACCURACY (this will be a non-point scoring event. We understand not everyone can get to a three-day tournament, BUT we wanted there to be an opportunity for people to compete in the event and perhaps shoot for records).
Saturday 8:30 am Player’s Meeting
9 am– DDC
We will have four different rounds of DDC (then a final), each a variant of various formats that have been utilized for other events as well DDC.
- A/B random draw (players will be ranked into two groups, using Conrad’s rankings page to sort them. Players from top half of the list will draw a partner from below the mid-point.)
- A/B assignment. Players are assigned a rank based on their Conrad-ranking. (Example: Conrad would be 1, the next highest player would be 2, etc.) If there are, say, 32 players, #1 & #32 would be partners for this round, and each pair would have two players whose ranking add up to 33. (i.e. #16 would be paired with #17)
- Seeded King of the Court, using pools ordered by player seeding.
- One more format I’m forgetting right now- possibly just a random draw. (Rick Perry moment, dammit).
- Finally, a final, with the top four winning records advancing to the round robin (3 game) final.
So, we’ll do 3 games in each round of DDC. We’ll do two to three rounds of DDC on Saturday, then break for lunch.
Saturday after lunch- SCF & Distance (two rounds each)
Sunday morning – DDC to completion
Freestyle Final – 1 round of open pairs. 2 minute routines. Hat tournament or pick your partner (will be decided soon).
Pick-up DDC (or pick-up SCF and Distance- whatever floats your boat)